Saturday, June 2, 2007

Demolition


Many changes happened just days after getting into the house. The dark wood paneling quickly came down and the walls were prepared for a new texture. The old, brown, scratched sliding door was replaced with new french doors and the holes that held lattice were covered over. Karen taught Mom and I how to apply a heavy texture. And boy did we quickly become experts! We ended up texturing the living room, dining room, kitchen, master bathroom, and entry hall. I still need to texture the guest bathroom and hopefully that will be the end of my texturing days for a while.....unless I change my mind and texture another room.



As you can see, Dad also added recessed lighting to the living room because it was so dark before. Don't worry, I've replaced the fan from that picture too....it was sad.

No comments: