Monday, July 21, 2008

Momma Gracie


About two weeks ago I realized that Gracie was acting pregnant, but I knew there was no way she was pregnant. After a little searching online I figured out that she's having a false pregnancy. I thought she was just going to get a little fat, but I had no idea all the weird things to expect.....all of her recent weird behaviors are starting to make sense. A couple weeks ago Gracie started digging a hole in my backyard and now I've discovered that she's "nesting" for her puppies....she's also started digging in her bed before she lays down.

Last night was the saddest/cutest part of all. Gracie usually hangs out pretty close to me around the house, but she disappeared for a long time and then came and started begging to go out. I let her out the backdoor assuming she had to go to the bathroom, but she ran out, grabbed her toy stuffed pig, and ran back to her bed. I followed her and realized that she had gathered all of her stuffed animals as her "puppies" in her bed. It was so cute, but I kind of wonder if it will be sad when she figures out they're not real. She spends all of her time in bed with her "puppies" and the only way I can get her to go outside when I leave for work is to put all of the "puppies" on the back porch with a blanket. Poor girl.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

The picture actually had me laughing...your dog is crazy! That's the sadest picture ever. I'd watch her for depression!