Saturday, September 15, 2007

Trying to Catch Up

My house is almost completely remodeled, but my blog isn't keeping up with the pace. Sorry 'bout that.

The kitchen was a total remodel....here are a few pictures of the cabinets after we added the knobs and pulls. You can see the side of the old fridge in one of the pictures, but it's not there anymore. I replaced the fridge and the dishwasher, and I hope to replace the range soon too.

I love my kitchen! It looks fabulous, it's huge for my little house, it has tons of cabinets, and it's a good layout for cooking!














When we ripped up the kitchen floors to add hardwood, we also tore the old floors out of my laundry room. For a while I just lived with a concrete floor in there, but a few weeks ago we finally put a tile floor in there to match the tile in the bathrooms. It was the first time Dad and I had set tile, but we did a great job. Of course, I couldn't walk without pain for a few days but it was completely worth it! I just hope he agrees!

I'm so thankful that I only had to tile one area of my house. It was one of the messiest projects I've ever done! I was so frustrated because I'd get the thinset on my hand, and then I'd smear it on the tile, then I'd start to lose my balance and get it on the wall....I wanted to scream! I am so thankful I don't do tile work for a living.

No comments: