Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Life with Gracie


Life with Gracie is going very well...aside from her dragging me around the neighborhood on walks (hopefully we'll get that under control). She's so good in the house and wants to be by my side at all times. Gracie has some funny quirks too...she hardly ever gets on the hardwood or tile because she freaks out when her paws slide...she gives a low bark at all uncertain sounds such as the washing machine, the dryer vent outside on the porch, the popcorn popper, water dripping after a shower, etc. She's a funny pup, but I love her!

Here are a few pics of Gracie, aka the guard dog, sitting watch at my bedroom window. She loves to sit there and watch the world go by. Sometimes she gets tired and falls asleep with her head on the window sill, but she's also scared away my neighbor who apparently was letting her dog go to the bathroom in my yard....heh heh heh.
Gracie has been great about sleeping in her bed and has happily stayed there at night since her first night at my house. She is afraid of storms though, and she ends up in the middle of my bed when there's thunder.














When Mom and Dad leave town, Gracie and I head over to their house since it's easier for me to take care of both dogs in one place. Gracie and Chewy had to check each other out at first, but they really seem to get along (or at least coexist) very well. Gracie and I spent the week before Easter over at Mom and Dad's and Gracie seemed depressed the first few days that we returned home. When I opened my back door that Monday morning to put her outside for the day, she sat down and looked at me like, "you call that a backyard?" Gracie gets plenty of exercise on our daily walks, but I think she really prefers all of the adventures that Mom and Dad's backyard holds.

1 comment:

cowboy and amy said...

Gracie is so precious. She looks like such an amazing dog. You are so blessed to have found such a great companion and pup! We can't wait to meet her!

We're so excited that you're coming to see us in May--Yipee! We can't wait!
Love you both~~